We’re much more than a shelter.
We want our relationship with you to be just as strong as your bond with your pet, way beyond the time you adopt from us. We want to be your first choice in educational and supportive resources for all-things pet related. Take a look around. Visit here often for timely articles from experienced animal people and expert veterinarians. Whether it’s pet behavior or pet photography – you’ll find valuable, often fun, information right here at the click of a keystroke. And be sure to let us know what topics or stories you’d like featured. We want to hear from you, too!
In addition to caring, compassionate adoptions, we offer:
- Anytime advice on pet behavior issues, food guidance, general pet concerns, and more.
- Pet food pantry in partnership with our local food pantry ECHO for pet owners in need of a little help during hard times.
- Microchipping at reasonable prices to ensure your lost pet is returned quickly and safely. Click here to learn more
- Educational events throughout the year for a variety of groups, clubs, and schools.
- New Pet Ed section of this website featuring timely information from local experts and experienced friends on a broad range of valuable topics.
March 31, 2017
What is better than eating a delicious burrito? Eating a delicious burrito and supporting your local Humane Society at the same time! Chipotle is generously hosting...
April 1, 2017 (11:00 am - 2:00 pm) - April 2, 2017
Are you looking to adopt your next best friend? Come visit us and some adorable pups at Petco this weekend! If you are not in the market for...
News & Announcements
Babs and Cali asked us to write about kittens this week.
The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin is hosting a kitten shower on Saturday, March 25. The...
JANESVILLE—While their owners donned coats, hats and scarves to brave the cold after a stretch of warm weather, malamute dogs from all over the state got...