We’re much more than a shelter.
We want our relationship with you to be just as strong as your bond with your pet, way beyond the time you adopt from us. We want to be your first choice in educational and supportive resources for all-things pet related. Take a look around. Visit here often for timely articles from experienced animal people and expert veterinarians. Whether it’s pet behavior or pet photography – you’ll find valuable, often fun, information right here at the click of a keystroke. And be sure to let us know what topics or stories you’d like featured. We want to hear from you, too!
In addition to caring, compassionate adoptions, we offer:
- Anytime advice on pet behavior issues, food guidance, general pet concerns, and more.
- Pet food pantry in partnership with our local food pantry ECHO for pet owners in need of a little help during hard times.
- Microchipping at reasonable prices to ensure your lost pet is returned quickly and safely. Click here to learn more
- Educational events throughout the year for a variety of groups, clubs, and schools.
- New Pet Ed section of this website featuring timely information from local experts and experienced friends on a broad range of valuable topics.
July 29, 2017
The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin will have a booth set up with the Blackhawk Community Bank. Our volunteers will have information about our organization and applications to...
August 6, 2017 (12-4pm) -
Calling all Pitbull lovers! Please come visit our amazing pitbulls available for adoption with the Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin. These dogs include our longest stay residents...
News & Announcements
JANESVILLE, Wis - The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin houses some of the smartest cats.
That’s because Washington Elementary fifth-graders read them books about...
JANESVILLE — The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin is set to honor some of its volunteers as PetsGoHome Heroes, including one Beloit couple who has fostered 76 cats and...