We’re much more than a shelter.
We want our relationship with you to be just as strong as your bond with your pet, way beyond the time you adopt from us. We want to be your first choice in educational and supportive resources for all-things pet related. Take a look around. Visit here often for timely articles from experienced animal people and expert veterinarians. Whether it’s pet behavior or pet photography – you’ll find valuable, often fun, information right here at the click of a keystroke. And be sure to let us know what topics or stories you’d like featured. We want to hear from you, too!
In addition to caring, compassionate adoptions, we offer:
- Anytime advice on pet behavior issues, food guidance, general pet concerns, and more.
- Pet food pantry in partnership with our local food pantry ECHO for pet owners in need of a little help during hard times.
- Microchipping at reasonable prices to ensure your lost pet is returned quickly and safely. Click here to learn more
- Educational events throughout the year for a variety of groups, clubs, and schools.
- New Pet Ed section of this website featuring timely information from local experts and experienced friends on a broad range of valuable topics.
September 23, 2017
If you’re looking for your new best friend, stop over to Festival Foods and hang out with us! A few of our amazing volunteers will have...
September 24, 2017
Our second annual Doggie Swim at Beloit Club is coming up! At the end of each summer pool season and before they drain the pool for winter the...
News & Announcements
With work, bills, and unexpected expenses, no matter how much an owner loves their pet taking them to the veterinarian may not be an option.
A proposal to halve the city of Janesville's spending on animal control is "shortsighted," the executive director of the local humane society said.