We’re much more than a shelter.
We want our relationship with you to be just as strong as your bond with your pet, way beyond the time you adopt from us. We want to be your first choice in educational and supportive resources for all-things pet related. Take a look around. Visit here often for timely articles from experienced animal people and expert veterinarians. Whether it’s pet behavior or pet photography – you’ll find valuable, often fun, information right here at the click of a keystroke. And be sure to let us know what topics or stories you’d like featured. We want to hear from you, too!
In addition to caring, compassionate adoptions, we offer:
- Anytime advice on pet behavior issues, food guidance, general pet concerns, and more.
- Pet food pantry in partnership with our local food pantry ECHO for pet owners in need of a little help during hard times.
- Microchipping at reasonable prices to ensure your lost pet is returned quickly and safely. Click here to learn more
- Educational events throughout the year for a variety of groups, clubs, and schools.
- New Pet Ed section of this website featuring timely information from local experts and experienced friends on a broad range of valuable topics.
June 3, 2017 (11:00 am - 1:00 pm) - June 4, 2017
Are you looking to meet your new best friend? Stop on over to Petco and visit with our volunteers and amazing adoptable dogs! If you can’t...
June 11, 2017
Glitz and Go has invited us to this awesome family event! The characters from Paw Patrol will be making an appearance for the kids, Steve’s Deli...
News & Announcements
JANESVILLE — The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin is set to honor some of its volunteers as PetsGoHome Heroes, including one Beloit couple who has fostered 76 cats and...
JANESVILLE—The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin's cats and kittens spend most of their time in cages while waiting to be adopted.