We’re much more than a shelter.
We want our relationship with you to be just as strong as your bond with your pet, way beyond the time you adopt from us. We want to be your first choice in educational and supportive resources for all-things pet related. Take a look around. Visit here often for timely articles from experienced animal people and expert veterinarians. Whether it’s pet behavior or pet photography – you’ll find valuable, often fun, information right here at the click of a keystroke. And be sure to let us know what topics or stories you’d like featured. We want to hear from you, too!
In addition to caring, compassionate adoptions, we offer:
- Anytime advice on pet behavior issues, food guidance, general pet concerns, and more.
- Pet food pantry in partnership with our local food pantry ECHO for pet owners in need of a little help during hard times.
- Microchipping at reasonable prices to ensure your lost pet is returned quickly and safely. Click here to learn more
- Educational events throughout the year for a variety of groups, clubs, and schools.
- New Pet Ed section of this website featuring timely information from local experts and experienced friends on a broad range of valuable topics.
March 21, 2018
Do you want a break from cooking dinner each night AND to help out some great causes? Then come on down to the Cunningham Intermediate School 3rd ...
March 24, 2018
We are expecting! Expecting kittens, that is! Baby season will be coming along in a month or so, much sooner than the year before, and we are in...
News & Announcements
JANESVILLE, Wis. - Inmates at the Rock County Jail have a new furry friend helping them get through their treatment programs.
Apollo is a year and...
JANESVILLE - The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin's Eighth Annual Pooch Pull showed spectators amazing feats of canine strength.