Thank you for considering giving your time and talents to help lost and homeless pets! Volunteers provide our animals with care and compassion and also help save our organization time and money so we can redirect those resources to helping more pets! We’re grateful!
- Animal volunteer positions require a minimum commitment of four hours a month.
- Non-animal volunteer opportunities are as needed and may include office, special events, fostering, etc.
- Must be over the age of 16 or with a parent/adult guardian if under 15 years old. For safety reasons, children never work alone with the animals.
- A valid email address and online access are required for all volunteer positions.
- Please review and consider the different volunteer requirements and opportunities available.
- Complete a volunteer applicationand sign up to attend new volunteer orientation.
- Volunteers are called as matched opportunities become available. Applications remain active for 3 months.
- Once you submit your application, an automatic response email will be sent inviting you to sign up for new volunteer orientation.
- At an orientation, you’ll take a tour of the shelter and get an insider’s look at animal care at HSSW. You’ll also learn more about our programs and policies, catch a glimpse of our fun, nurturing culture, and become familiar with all the information you need to successfully contribute to our mission.
- You will then sign up for training in whatever volunteer area you chose! You can, and are encouraged, to get trained in more than one area.
We look forward to you joining us, and thank you for the gift of YOU!
News & Announcements
JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin is looking for input from the community about the design of a new shelter.
Sunny suffered burns on her head, ears, back, shoulders and chest. About 20 percent of her surface skin was damaged or removed, The Gazette reported earlier.