Thank you for considering giving your time and talents to help lost and homeless pets! Volunteers provide our animals with care and compassion and also help save our organization time and money so we can redirect those resources to helping more pets! We’re grateful!
- Animal volunteer positions require a minimum commitment of four hours a month.
- Non-animal volunteer opportunities are as needed and may include office, special events, etc.
- Must be over the age of 16 or with a parent/adult guardian if younger. For safety reasons, children never work alone with the animals.
- Our volunteer opportunities are not paid, nor do they constitute an internship for school. If you are in need of community service hours, there’s no need to complete a volunteer application: watch for our quarterly volunteer days to help with painting, cleaning, landscaping, and more.
- Please review and consider the different volunteer opportunities that are available.
- Complete a volunteer application and submit it to the Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin.
- Volunteers are called as matched opportunities become available. Applications remain active for 6 months.
- We review volunteer applications within two weeks of submission. Once we determine which volunteer role matches the areas you selected, you’ll be invited to attend a volunteer orientation, required before you begin your volunteer role.
- At an orientation, you’ll take a tour of the shelter and get an insider’s look at animal care at HSSW. You’ll also learn more about our programs and policies, catch a glimpse of our fun, nurturing culture, and become familiar with all the information you need to successfully contribute to our mission.
- You will then meet with the Volunteer Supervisor, designated staff member, or seasoned volunteer who will train you in your new role and finalize your volunteer schedule. After these steps are completed, you’re ready to volunteer!
We look forward to you joining us, and thank you for the gift of YOU!
September 23, 2017
If you’re looking for your new best friend, stop over to Festival Foods and hang out with us! A few of our amazing volunteers will have...
September 24, 2017
Our second annual Doggie Swim at Beloit Club is coming up! At the end of each summer pool season and before they drain the pool for winter the...
News & Announcements
With work, bills, and unexpected expenses, no matter how much an owner loves their pet taking them to the veterinarian may not be an option.
A proposal to halve the city of Janesville's spending on animal control is "shortsighted," the executive director of the local humane society said.