Thank you for considering giving your time and talents to help lost and homeless pets! Volunteers provide our animals with care and compassion and also help save our organization time and money so we can redirect those resources to helping more pets! We’re grateful!
- Animal volunteer positions require a minimum commitment of four hours a month for at least 6 months.
- Non-animal volunteer opportunities are as needed and may include office, special events, fostering, etc.
- Must be over the age of 16 or with a trained adult volunteer over the age of 18 if between the ages of 8 and 15 years old. For safety reasons, volunteers under 16 years of age never work alone with the animals.
- A valid email address and online access are required for all volunteer positions.
- Please review and consider the different volunteer requirements and opportunities available.
- Complete a volunteer application and sign up to attend new volunteer orientation.
- Once you submit your application, an automatic response email will be sent inviting you to sign up for new volunteer orientation.
- At an orientation, you’ll take a tour of the shelter and get an insider’s look at animal care at HSSW. You’ll also learn more about our programs and policies, catch a glimpse of our fun, nurturing culture, and become familiar with all the information you need to successfully contribute to our mission.
- You will then sign up for training in whatever volunteer area you chose! You can, and are encouraged, to get trained in more than one area.
We look forward to you joining us, and thank you for the gift of YOU!
August 7, 2021 (11:00am - 1:00pm) -
Please stop by and meet some of our adoptable pets who are looking for a great home! You can speak to some of our amazing volunteers to learn...
August 18, 2021 (6:00pm - 9:00pm) -
Join The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin at Lucy's Hideaway on August 18th from 6-9pm. Brooke Nunn will be performing live and there will be raffle...
News & Announcements
JANESVILLE, Wis. (WMTV) -The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin in Janesville is getting ready to break ground on a new facility. This project has been about five years...
JANESVILLE, WI – Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin Board President Sandy Bennett and Executive Director Jim McMullen, along with McKnight Excavating, Corporate Contractors, Inc., Angus-Young Associates, and honored...