We need your help. Time- and talent-givers needed for:
- dog walkers
- cat socialization
- general cleaning
- adoption assistance
- special events
Have Questions? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions below or email email@example.com.
Will I have training before I start volunteering?
How often do I need to volunteer?
Is there an age requirement?
Why do you ask for a 6 month commitment?
I have a group that is interested in volunteering at your facility. What do you have available for group volunteering?
I don’t have a computer or email, can I still volunteer?
Do you accept court-ordered community service hours?
We accept school and court-ordered community service hours according to staff availability to train and need. We require at least 20 hours for community service volunteers. If you’re looking for school credit or court ordered community service, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask if we are accepting requests at that time.
- Animal volunteer positions require a minimum commitment of four hours a month for at least 6 months.
- Non-animal volunteer opportunities are as needed and may include office, special events, fostering, etc.
- Must be over the age of 16 or with a trained adult volunteer over the age of 18 if between the ages of 8 and 15 years old. For safety reasons, volunteers under 16 years of age never work alone with the animals.
- A valid email address and online access are required for all volunteer positions.
- Once you submit your application, an automatic response email will be sent inviting you to complete an online volunteer orientation.
- At an orientation, you’ll learn more about our programs and policies, catch a glimpse of our fun, nurturing culture, and become familiar with all the information you need to successfully contribute to our mission.
- You will then sign up for training in whatever volunteer area you chose! You can, and are encouraged, to get trained in more than one area.
We look forward to you joining us, and thank you for the gift of YOU!