We Need Help in Every Area of the Shelter, Including:
- Canine Companions | walking dogs
- Feline Friends | socializing & playing with cats
- Petco | caring for cats & adoptions
- Pack Leaders | assist with youth programs
- Housekeeping volunteer
- Surgery snugglers
- Adoption assistance
- Event volunteer
- 4Animal volunteer positions require a minimum commitment of four hours a month.
- Non-animal volunteer opportunities are as needed and may include office, special events, fostering, etc.
- Must be over the age of 15 or with a trained adult volunteer over the age of 18 if between the ages of 8 and 15 years old. For safety reasons, volunteers under 15 years of age never work alone with the animals.
- A valid email address and online access are required for all volunteer positions.
Have questions before you’re ready to apply? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions below or email Brittney at email@example.com.
Will I have training before I start volunteering?
How often do I need to volunteer?
We require volunteers to be able to serve at least four hours a month. Volunteers are welcome to work more often if there is a need for shift coverage, either in a regularly scheduled shift, or by picking up open shifts online.
Is there an age requirement?
For the safety of our volunteers and animals, we require that all volunteers be at least 15 years of age to volunteer alone. Junior volunteers between the ages of 8 and 14 years old and younger may come with a trained adult (18 years old or older) volunteer.
I have a group that is interested in volunteering at your facility. What do you have available for group volunteering?
We welcome groups to our facility to help with many activities such as creating creating enrichment supplies or dog/cat toys. We are able to accommodate more volunteer groups in the fall and winter. Volunteer group slots in the spring and summer are extremely limited. If you are interested in bringing a group to volunteer, please email Brittney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don’t have a computer or email, can I still volunteer?
Do you accept court-ordered community service hours?
We accept school and court-ordered community service hours according to staff availability to train and need. We require at least 20 hours for community service volunteers. If you’re looking for school credit or court ordered community service, you can email email@example.com to ask if we are accepting requests at that time.
Ready to Join Us?
To Get Started:
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Check your email for a response. It should arrive within 2-3 business days. *Our email may be blocked by your spam filters – be sure to check your spam/junk folders. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to avoid it going to spam.
- Complete the online orientation. In orientation, you’ll learn more about our programs and policies, catch a glimpse of our fun, nurturing culture, and become familiar with all the information you need to successfully contribute to our mission.
- Sign up for training. Follow the instructions at the end of your online orientation to sign up for position-specific training. You can, and are encouraged, to get trained in more than one area!
*Volunteer Applications are still being accepted, but some volunteer training are limited due to HSSW training new staff.*
We look forward to you joining us, and thank you for the gift of YOU!