Can I Bring a Stray Animal to HSSW
Can I Bring a Stray Animal to HSSW?

If you have contained a stray animal and are unable to reunite the pet with it’s owner, please call the Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin at (608) 752-5622 during our open hours. It is best to call before stopping by the shelter so we can get as much information up front as possible. We can then cross-reference our lost reports to find any potential matches. Because we are a non-profit organization and for safety and agency requirements, we aren’t able to pick up stray animals. We ask that you bring the animal to us if you can. If you are unable to transport the animal, please call Rock County Dispatch at 608-757-2244 for assistance. HSSW also has live traps available for rent. 

If you have found young kittens, please review the following before bringing them to HSSW: I Found a Kitten, What Do I Do?

The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin is able to take in strays from the following municipalities:

City of Beloit
Town of Beloit
City of Janesville
Town of Janesville
City of Milton
Town of Milton
City of Evansville
Town of Center

Village of Clinton
Town of Avalon
Town of Fulton
Town of Rock
Village of Orfordville
Town of Harmony
Village of Footville
Town of Johnstown

Town of Lima
Town of Newark
Town of Plymouth
Town of Porter
Town of Spring Valley
Town of Union
Town of La Prairie