Welcome and thank you for your interest in joining the Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin’s Board of Directors! Please read through our Board Member Expectations and Rules before completing the Application below.
Board Member Expectations
- Support the HSSW Mission and Vision
- Attend regularly scheduled Board meetings
- Serve on committees or work on special projects for HSSW
- Participate in fulfilling the Board’s fiduciary responsibility: review financial statements, evaluate long term financial strategies, assist with future funding and capital funding activities
- Respect and support majority decisions of the Board
- Share your skills and expertise
- Work as part of a cohesive team with common goals
- Participate actively in Board meetings, actions, fundraisers, and public events
- Remain aware of the special events scheduled for HSSW and make yourself available to support and participate in these events
- Participate in effective organizational and strategic planning
- Assist with the recruitment of new Board members
Board Member Rules
- Board members shall direct all requests for information through the Executive Director or Board President and not through staff of HSSW.
- Board members shall declare any conflicts of interest as it pertains to their position on the Board and abstain from voting when appropriate.
- Board members shall not use the organization for personal advantage of that of friends or relatives.
- Board members shall not discuss confidential proceedings of the Board outside the confines of a Board meeting.