We’re much more than a shelter.
We want our relationship with you to be just as strong as your bond with your pet, way beyond the time you adopt from us. We want to be your first choice in educational and supportive resources for all-things pet related. Take a look around. Visit here often for timely articles from experienced animal people and expert veterinarians. Whether it’s pet behavior or pet photography – you’ll find valuable, often fun, information right here at the click of a keystroke. And be sure to let us know what topics or stories you’d like featured. We want to hear from you, too!
In addition to caring, compassionate adoptions, we offer:
- Anytime advice on pet behavior issues, food guidance, general pet concerns, and more.
- Pet food pantry in partnership with our local food pantry ECHO for pet owners in need of a little help during hard times.
- Microchipping at reasonable prices to ensure your lost pet is returned quickly and safely. Click here to learn more
- Educational events throughout the year for a variety of groups, clubs, and schools.
- New Pet Ed section of this website featuring timely information from local experts and experienced friends on a broad range of valuable topics.
November 17, 2018
The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin will be opening up their services to the public during this one day event. Discounted spay/neuter services and low cost vaccinations...
November 23, 2018
There’s nothing quite like a lighted parade to spark off the holiday season! We’ll be there with our float all decked out in lights,...
News & Announcements
JANESVILLE - Kathy Bradley is a retired nurse who took care of people for decades. She continues to put that caring demeanor to good use. But now she serves...
Spaying and neutering your pets is one of the greatest gifts you can give her/him and your community. It’s one of the simplest things...