We’re much more than a shelter.
We want our relationship with you to be just as strong as your bond with your pet, way beyond the time you adopt from us. We want to be your first choice in educational and supportive resources for all-things pet related. Take a look around. Visit here often for timely articles from experienced animal people and expert veterinarians. Whether it’s pet behavior or pet photography – you’ll find valuable, often fun, information right here at the click of a keystroke. And be sure to let us know what topics or stories you’d like featured. We want to hear from you, too!
In addition to caring, compassionate adoptions, we offer:
- Anytime advice on pet behavior issues, food guidance, general pet concerns, and more.
- Pet food pantry in partnership with our local food pantry ECHO for pet owners in need of a little help during hard times.
- Microchipping at reasonable prices to ensure your lost pet is returned quickly and safely. Click here to learn more
- Educational events throughout the year for a variety of groups, clubs, and schools.
- New Pet Ed section of this website featuring timely information from local experts and experienced friends on a broad range of valuable topics.
September 22, 2018
Please stop by and meet some of our adoptable pets who are looking for a great home! You can speak to some of our amazing volunteers to learn...
September 22, 2018
Bring your dog out for a swim at Pooch Fest this year! We’ll be there with an adoptable dog and a few volunteers to tell you...
News & Announcements
After years of holding the event in his backyard, a Janesville mailman has moved Saturday’s “Helping the Homeless” fundraiser to the...
I'm sure we all remember the tragic story of Sunny, the beautiful yellow lab that was scolded with boiling water and taken into custody by The Humane...