We’re much more than a shelter.
We want our relationship with you to be just as strong as your bond with your pet, way beyond the time you adopt from us. We want to be your first choice in educational and supportive resources for all-things pet related. Take a look around. Visit here often for timely articles from experienced animal people and expert veterinarians. Whether it’s pet behavior or pet photography – you’ll find valuable, often fun, information right here at the click of a keystroke. And be sure to let us know what topics or stories you’d like featured. We want to hear from you, too!
In addition to caring, compassionate adoptions, we offer:
- Anytime advice on pet behavior issues, food guidance, general pet concerns, and more.
- Pet food pantry in partnership with our local food pantry ECHO for pet owners in need of a little help during hard times.
- Microchipping at reasonable prices to ensure your lost pet is returned quickly and safely. Click here to learn more
- Educational events throughout the year for a variety of groups, clubs, and schools.
- New Pet Ed section of this website featuring timely information from local experts and experienced friends on a broad range of valuable topics.
November 4, 2017 (11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.) - November 5, 2017
We have so many great pets waiting for their forever homes! A couple of our amazing volunteers will be at Petco with some available animals who want to...
December 14, 2017 (6 - 9pm) -
Join the Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin for Mutts & Martinis, a night of specialty martinis, appetizers, raffle items, and live music, December 14th from 6-9pm.<...
News & Announcements
It was a story with all the makings of a heartwarming family flick: a heartless owner throws a cute puppy off a...
JANESVILLE—The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin has planned a free adoption event this weekend in Janesville.
From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 14, the humane...