We’re much more than a shelter.
We want our relationship with you to be just as strong as your bond with your pet, way beyond the time you adopt from us. We want to be your first choice in educational and supportive resources for all-things pet related. Take a look around. Visit here often for timely articles from experienced animal people and expert veterinarians. Whether it’s pet behavior or pet photography – you’ll find valuable, often fun, information right here at the click of a keystroke. And be sure to let us know what topics or stories you’d like featured. We want to hear from you, too!
In addition to caring, compassionate adoptions, we offer:
- Anytime advice on pet behavior issues, food guidance, general pet concerns, and more.
- Pet food pantry in partnership with our local food pantry ECHO for pet owners in need of a little help during hard times.
- Microchipping at reasonable prices to ensure your lost pet is returned quickly and safely. Click here to learn more
- Educational events throughout the year for a variety of groups, clubs, and schools.
- New Pet Ed section of this website featuring timely information from local experts and experienced friends on a broad range of valuable topics.
News & Announcements
JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin is looking for input from the community about the design of a new shelter.
Sunny suffered burns on her head, ears, back, shoulders and chest. About 20 percent of her surface skin was damaged or removed, The Gazette reported earlier.